Saturday 18 March 2017

‘My All Boys Trip’

Usually girls always things to plan a their girls gang trip but I’d been on a trip where there were only boys in the group and no other girl but me.
Well, Solo girls travelers are few (as far as I know), they can travel alone, can travel in a know group, like usually they do. But a trip with 5 boys and a single girl!!!....hmm Let me think about it.
Haha…..When I started I was little scared. But I dared to this.
It was my trip to Bir-Biling (This is the best place to do paragliding in India and this is 2nd best Paragliding site in the world)

''When you got addicted of wandering, nothing can stop you i.e. Distance, Weather, Gender, Money.''

You can manage and enjoy at every place, and with everyone.

My trip was started with Volvo; we board from Majnu ka teela (a Gurudwara and bus stop in Delhi).
This was the first time met this stranger’s group i.e. Abhas, Anil, Himashu, Eklavya. 5th one was Arun (I knew him and he was our trip coordinator). I don’t know what they were thinking about me at that time. But I was blank like every time I feel at the starting of the Trip. Our bus reached Mandi early morning and we had tea with little greetings with each other formally. Our coordinator hired a mini traveler for local site-seeing. The road of Mandi to Bir-Biling is naturally gorgeous and side by side you can enjoy the glimpse of beautiful Beas River.
We were enjoying the music, chit-chat. Beauty of the valley was nourishing our eyes. We stopped the way for some time to click some picture. Boys were having some boy’s talk (yes as we girls has our girls talk, same way boys has their boys talk) :) !!! After some time we reached our hotel than we visited local market, a local temple, monastery, enjoyed a walk watching the gliders through the sky and were imagining ourselves their that tomorrow we will also be flying…..

We had a lunch in a local restaurant, boys entered in the restaurant because some beautiful foreigner girls was there, we waited there about an hour for food, the owner of the restaurant and his workers were cooking very slowly and may be they were enjoying cooking which kept us waiting. However, the food was very delicious.
Days passed on like a blow a of the wind!!!

Till the evening I met a cool businessman who was on his first solo trip (Himanshu, A Smart Entrepreneur (Anil), and an Advocate with weird jocks (Eklavya) and a Chocolate boy (Abhas).

Night was pretty awesome near the born-fire with some songs, talks about life. We heard about each-others love stories, yes I told them about mine too.
In the morning as usual I woke up early and went for a walk where i met Anil on the way. We walked, clicked some nice photos, we ran on the hilly road for some time and then came back to the hotel. Abhas has found a Guitar in the hotel than we got to know this chocolate boy also play Guitar. This was the paragliding day. I was not planned to do paragliding because I‘ve fear with height but boys encouraged me to do.

For paragliding session, you need to hire a cab which will take you to the sight (one way only) once you reached the sight, you can only come down through your glider no other way. My breadth was higher than the wind and heartbeat don’t ask:(. At the sight there was no toilet nearby. Abhas was feeling to pee due to fear he was jumping here and there I don’t know how he managed. Our instructors came in and we started to get ready for the once in a lifetime experience.

In Paragliding it’s the takeoff that is the most adventurous part because you need to stand-up on the edge of the hill than you need to run and jump. Although, you will not be alone on the glider, an instructor will be there with you to help if you are a fresher.

One by one we started to jump. And it was my turn. I was like blocked and freeze at that time. Instructor gave me some instructions and told me to run with him. He started running in but I stopped and fall down but he didn’t stopped. Then on a blink I was flying high on the sky.

It was tremendous view, you can see whole valley at a glance. Wind was so cold thank god Anil gave me his windcheater to wear. It was like the ride on swing in the sky. I closed my eyes for some time and was feeling like meditation. I was shouting, singing a song, taking selfies. Slowly-slowly glider was moving down and we reached to the ground. The magical movement ended there, I was feeling like what I have done. It was like an achievement for me. I was sitting there on the ground was watching other glider flying high; I just came down from there. That feeling I really cannot describe right now that is still in me even after 5 month and will be in there in me entire life.

My all friends came down and we together enjoyed and celebrated that movement. Our trip finally was going to end. This was my sweetest and adventurous trip ever and I met my glider friends. It was only the second day we met and we were treating each other like childhood friends whether it was masala tea, ice-cream brick or my songs collections the best ones (at the end of the trip Himanshu copies all my songs in his phone), we were enjoying every moment together like there will be no end. 

Today we all are very good friends, usually meet too. Always plan for a new adventure.


Well last saying, many time we all feels like , “how can I even talk to the stranger”, “how can someone go on a trip with a stranger”, and if you are a Girl you can imagine what kind of feeling you would be having if the group will be of totally stranger boys. I am not saying just travel with anyone, precautions are always good and we should be aware about your surroundings too. But you should have cognizance about the about the people. That ability will be developed in you with the experience. And that experience will come when you break the barriers and explore yourself. 


Go Crazy!!! Go Wanderer




5 comments:

  1. Awesome article , re-lived memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing notes....keep writing such great stuff !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again... Great work pooja... And beautiful pics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article. Hope to have many more trips with u ��

    ReplyDelete